A few days ago, I read about a choice given to the ancient Israelites. That got me thinking about the many choices God has set before people.
1. Man was given a choice to obey God (Gen. 3).The choices made by people have not always been good. In fact, when given the choice to do right or wrong, we consistently make the wrong choice. But as bad as those decisions have been, the Bible also tells us about the good choices God has made — choices which have made the difference for us.
2. Man was given a choice to love God (Deut. 30:19-20).
3. Man was given a choice to seek God (1 Chron. 16:11; Rom. 3:10-12).
1. God chose to love sinners (Rom. 5:6-8).God's choices being perfect were exactly what we needed. Without his choices, we never would have chosen him. But because of his wonderful choice to save us, we find forgiveness, peace, and an eternal relationship with him. And with all of his graciousness in mind, we ought to make one final, obvious choice.
2. God chose to give his Son for us (John 3:16).
3. God chose to save some (Eph. 1:4).
4. Choose to live for Jesus (2 Cor. 5:15).Our heavenly Father has done so much for us through the Lord Jesus Christ, that it would be quite an insult to repay his mercy with a life of selfish ambition.