Friday, April 11, 2008

Jungle Clearing House

Today the neighbor kids, our three, and I removed the rest of the bushes in front of the house. Whenever I lopped off a branch one of them would drag it to the mulch pile in the back yard and then come back for more. They were so excited to help. Can you guess the reason? Yep, they were building a club house out of the branches. Kinda reminds me of the old days and the tree house in the pine tree.



After the last load of debris was taken away, it rained pretty hard. But despite the muddy look, Sharon was still impressed. She stood on the front porch and said, "I feel like I can breathe now!" It is quite a different look without the bushes clogging the front yard. And if things go as planned, it will look even better as we are planning on painting the house this summer.

Stay tuned.

No comments: